The Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner has developed Model Clauses to assist Australian Government agencies and funding recipients to meet their obligations under Section 35 of the Building and Construction Industry (Improving Productivity) Act 2016.
The Model Clauses are intended for use by:
- Australian Government employees who are responsible for the procurement of building work on behalf of the Australian Government or the delivery and management of Australian Government funding agreements, grants and programs
- Funding Recipients who are responsible for the procurement of building work using funding provided by the Australian Government through a funding agreement, grant or other program
- Project Managers responsible for administering some or all of the responsibilities of the Australian Government or a Funding recipient in the delivery of a building project that uses funds provided by the Australian Government
- Developers and others who are responsible for the delivery of a facility or infrastructure under a pre-commitment lease, or other such arrangement, for use by the Australian Government
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) involved in the construction of facilities or infrastructure for the delivery of Australian Government functions or services.